Monday, September 17, 2007

Grey's Anatomy vs. Private Practice

So here's the question ABC is asking us...can Grey's Anatomy still be as good without Kate Walsh (Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd) and Isiah Washington (Dr. Louis Farrakhan) or will Kate's new show be better? The shows each have fantastic potential, and because of that, ABC has them on 2 nights, Wednesday 9/8 C for Private Practice and Thursday 9/8 C for Grey's Anatomy. Grey's could suffer without the Christina/Burke love action, and the George/Izzie/Callie triangle is a bit harder to believe now that T.R. Knight has been outed by ex-ABC employee Isiah "Faggot Basher" Washington. Unconfirmed sources have spotted him hanging out with OJ in Vegas, working on his "anger issues" with the Juice. Not to mention that George flunked the intern exam...what a gimp. I have to say that I was disappointed in ABC for firing Dr. Burke. I've never lain with a black man (not even when I was in Africa, but my parents had me on a short leash), but I have to believe that getting nailed by him is as close as a mortal can come to touching the face of God without dying first. He has an otherworldly attraction to him; a black President Clinton. You know it's wrong, but all he does is smile and look at you and you wind up with DNA on you blue dress.


For me, Kate Walsh's character was the most intriguing on at Seattle Grace. She was vulnerable yet strong, and the story lines for her never really got going anywhere, even with the whole McDreamy/McSteamy story arc. Everyone else as the hospital was taking turns shagging each other and pining for each other. The crossover episode when Addison went to LA to visit her old med school chums was the best one of the season. I'm throwing my lot in with the kids at Private Practice. I think it has potential to be a better show than Grey's Anatomy this year. I of course will still watch the sexiest doctors on the planet in Seattle, but let's get real. When have you ever been to a hospital with such a high concentration of studs and babes? Puh-lease! My orthotics guy looks like his mother beat him upside the head with a stick and threw acid on the left side of his face (he maintains that he has a rare skin disorder...I call it leprosy). I am curious to see how the two shows do. I will have to make sure to set my Tivo to catch all of the drama that these two shows have in store. I have no choice but to tune in and see.

No comments: