Friday, August 17, 2007

These Are My Words

I wanted to share some of my poetry with you. I focus on haiku and Limericks. Feel free to comment on my work as I am always striving to push the envelope as an artist. The first group are some of my haiku. Haiku, which is a mode of Japanese poetry, the late 19th century revision by Masaoka Shiki of the older hokku , the opening verse of a linked verse form, haikai no renga. The traditional hokku consisted of a pattern of approximately 5, 7, 5 on. The Japanese word on, meaning "sound", corresponds to a mora, a phonetic unit similar but not identical to the syllable of a language such as English.

"Technology"

Technology is,
Flying high, digital sky
Love shack; sweet my geek.

"Song of my Fear"

Blanket! Where are you?
You touch me, I can't see blue
I hate colored meats

"The Nowhere Place"

Where am I? Strange place
Am I in heaven, no grace?
It smells funny here.

"Baby Soap"

No More Tears. Label
Shouts to all consumers near.
I am clean inside.


Now here are some of my Limericks. Some are a little bit ribald, but I think that you will enjoy them. I certainly had a good time writing them. I also tried a little misdirection, a sort of "whoopsie-doo," "Bob's your uncle," "spit-spot" type of thing. I had a fabulous time writing them. Enjoy!


"Pretty Lady"

There once was a pretty young lady,
Renowned for her giblets and gravy.
She sipped at the pot and
Threw in a sock
And said that'll sell in the Navy


"The Wise Man"

I've heard of a wise man named Glenn
Who had a significant chin
His knuckles were white
He smoked from a pipe
And he got cancer and died. Moron.


"Little Dude"

Where have you gone, little dude?
You had such a great attitude.
Your smile was pearly
You showed up early,
And your artwork never came unglued.


"Bad Day at Church"

I farted in church one Sunday
I turned red and dashed on my way
The pastor fell over
The altar tipped over
And now I'm going to hell.


"Thin Girls"

I hate thin girls and here's why.
They bag the fabulous guy
Who spends tons of money
In search of some honey
And then he gets the shaft because she's a gold digging whore.

No comments: