Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Peterson Autoplex

Well, I swung by Peterson Toyota, part of the Peterson Autoplex (9101 W. Fairview in Boise) and perused their inventory of used cars. I snapped a few photos of the ones I thought might be a good choice. I narrowed it down to 4 different cars. Each of them appealed to me in different ways, and each had a different price point. I'll break it down for you from most expensive to least expensive. I have also posted a new poll so you can vote on which whip you like best.
2004 Toyota Camry LE - $11,999
This baby look fast just sitting on the lot, but it had really high miles for a 3-year-old car (90K). The sales guy (his name was Haji) said that was because the previous owner was a cross-country RV enthusiast that towed the car behind his RV. This cat would spend the fall and winter in Arizona and the spring and summer in Idaho. I'm not so sure I believe Haji...it's not his fault, I just don't trust people from India because they smell like curry, sweat and corn chips. Anyway, if you like it, vote for it. Lamoni says you can't find a better car than a Toyota. He also lights his farts.
2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT - $10,995
This car I actually took out for a test drive. It was fast, fast, FAST! It corners on rails, and I scared the bejeezus out of Haji (serves him right, the stinky devil)! I got it out on the highway and up to 90 miles an hour! Haji looked sick and said something about insurance and to slow down. What a wussie! It also had high miles (90K again) but no super-cool RV story to go with this one. He told me that it once belonged to a sales rep from the Boise Cascade paper company.
1999 Chevy Venture Van (4-door) - $6995
Well I liked this one just because of the roominess of it, if not the practicality. I can fit tons of groceries in there, there's plenty of room if I want to take Mitch off and chuck him into the back and it had a killer tape deck sound system! I also thought that for just a little bit of extra money to make ends meet, I could get a taxi license from the city and hag out at the airport and give people rides into town. No meter, just $20 bucks anywhere in town from the airport. I bet I could get some sweet sympathy tips by telling my fares about Mitch. "Where are you headed? Boise State? Great! Me and my buddy Mitch will get you there in 20 minutes. Who's Mitch? My friggin' prosthetic leg...let's ride!"
1995 Mitsubishi Galant S - $3995
I dubbed this baby the "Millennium Falcon." It doesn't look like much, but she's got it where it counts. Talk about your fuel economy! With gasoline at almost $3 a gallon, this hunk of junk get 32 miles to the gallon! It's gray so I won't have to wash it but maybe once every 6 weeks. The only hiccup is that it's a standard...you should have seen Haji's face when I was jamming Mitch down on the clutch and my shoe got stuck. I was revving the 1.8L to the red line and cursing like a sailor. I finally got Mitch loose but it was a bumpy ride. If you like it, give it a vote.
I'm leaning towards the Millennium Falcon or the Grand AM. I'll stew on it for a few days and check out some other cars on the Internet to see what else is out there. Drop me a line here on the blog or at thicky.d@gmail.com if you have an opinion on which car you liked best. Also, don't forget to vote!

No comments: